The work to implement the merger of the two councils will begin immediately, and take place in stages throughout the remainder of the year. Summer camp, and all programs, trainings, and activities will take place as scheduled through the remainder of 2018.
- Approval of the merger by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Nominating committee recommends a new board of directors and officers.
- Implementation committee develops new by-laws.
- Selection committee interviews and hires new Scout Executive.
- Recommendations accepted for a new council name.
- The Executive Board members approve new name based on input from members of the combined council. They would approve, bylaws, Board of Directors and officers.
- Committee chairs appointed and committee integration work begins.
September 1, 2018
New council formally launched